Saturday, November 10, 2007

grenoble

on the road to grenoble we pass the remnants of old roman aquaduct systems. Micah talks about how these massive stone structures were used to transfer water over vast distances. We stay with martin, amelie and ceaser pictured here with erwan on the couch. Martin is a professional comicbook artist, he has an amazing library of french graphic novels. He has this desk with paper pens brushes, everything you need to draw all setup. It makes mewant to sit down and start a graphic novel. It is amazing how much the right environment effects my desire to do creative work. When I taught preschool I worked with a woman named donna simon. Every day she spent so much energy on setting up a creative environment. Right when the kids started to arrive there wouldbe a table with playdough and sculpting tools, another with picture books, a sensory tablefilled with sand and buried treasure, and another with paper and markers all ready for coloring. You wouldn't have to say a thing to the kids , they would just sit down and start being creative. I want to try and make my home more of a creative space when I get home.
 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: