Wednesday, October 3, 2007

grand rapids, mi

eats tapes, and ben and bruno played a show with us at a park in grand rapids. the sun set as the how progressed and we finished up in the dark. This fellow named george set up a screen and projector in the park and showed garden state. Danielle were super hungry so we went off in search of a grocery store. We drove around trying to find one that was open. Stopped by a bakery to check it's dumpster. Nothing but coffee grounds there. Finally a couple of folks pointed us to a Family Fare a mile away. We got some cans of beans and tortillas, and veggies, and a big jar of pickles. They had this weird self-check out thing. We found 5$ in the coin return slot. Back in the parking lot I openeda can of beans with my leatherman and made burrittos. Micah was so happy when we gave him a burrito he made his happy face. Micah has this special happy muppet face he makes when ever something wonderful happens. We stawed the night at george's house. George has a large collection of these mass produced slik screen artfrom the 70s. I can'tremember what they are called. something like babooshka. but not really. Always, always bring earplugs on tour. I tell this to everyone I tour with. Now I ammend my rule to always bring extra pairs of earplugs. I think this to myself as I try to sleep through the meowing of georges two adorable cats.

 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: